There's not evacuation for Ford Island, Honolulu, HI, yet. I doubt there will be at this time. The bridge will close from about 11am to near 4pm today. So, we'll be stuck like Chuck on Ford Island unless otherwise told to leave. Several folks have left for "higher" ground, but since we are so far inland, we may expect waves more than normal, but . . . many of us aren't too worried.
I have filled the fridge with as much water as I can. I have a tub full of water for the terlits. I have Holly moved up here with her food. Medicines and First Aid is up here along with candles and matches.
Honestly, I am not that worried. We have taken all precautions we can with the time given us . . . which is a lot more than most folks get when natural disasters strike.
Don't worry, be happy. And, pray.
Love to you all, my friends.
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
What??!! Haven't been keeping up with things. Is this a tsunami warning? Hurricane? May St. Michael protect you!
There's a lot of ocean coming our way from the earthquake in Chile. Expected time of arrival 11am HI time. We'll be okay one way or the other. Prayers needed and appreciated.
I was thinking of you and decided to see if you had posted anything. Thanks for taking the time to update those of us that think of you as our friend...even though we have never met! Prayers coming you way. Love your attitude!!
Sarah, we are not worried either. We've been through this once before. But we are preparing just in case. We are praying.
So relieved to hear you're inland. With your humor, I expect your header pic to be changed to this... http://www.topnews.in/files/tsunami0153.jpg
Okay, I won't worry, but I've been thinking about you and about to pray my daily rosary. Man! Ah! Sigh..such things goin on. Love you too..you bet. :) Hugs!
I prayed for your family and Esther's as soon as I heard about the warning. May all be well.
Keep us posted! Prayers ascend!
Glad to know you're okay, Sarah! I almost phoned you this morning - 4:30 your time - afraid you didn't know about it and wanted to give you as much notice as possible - but Rob wouldn't let me wake you up and I couldn't find a phone number for you on the web....
So, on our little jaunt today we prayed for your safety.
Love,
Alexa and family
Alexa - email me and I'll give you my home and cell numbers. HUGS>
Post a Comment