BUT, I am from Seattle. I'm also not a sports junkie. I am pretty good at sports when I play, but I'm just not going to plan my life around any BIG TEN games.
I married someone who does, though, and if I root for the Buckeyes, I might get in trouble. He he he.

I do know this much though: both teams better take down Michigan. *wink*
I think I'm willing to risk it. After all, I cannot look good in yellow . . . red (ahem, scarlet; I stand corrected) suits me so much better!


9 comments:
YOU ARE AWESOME!! the name of the stadium is the horseshoe (or just the shoe). and scarlet, not red, scarlet is the color that rules.
and you rule.
you know, the first game of the season is navy vs ohio state. i will give you license, for that ONE day, to go for navy. i of course am still going for ohio state.
and you are right, sing it with me now 'we don't give a damn for the whole state of michigan, the whole state of michigan, the whole state of michigan'
love it!
r
Ahem, the name of the stadium in which the Buckeyes play is The Ohio Stadium -- for real Buckeyes. It ain't no shoe.
Being a Michigan resident, and an alum from Michigan State University (or as we like to say, the University of Michigan), I am trying my very best to maintain composure in light of the blatant and unwarranted bashing of my fine state. I have a brother who is a Bucktooth...oops, I mean Buckeye, grad (as well as a brother who went to Purdue, another who went to Indiana, and a brother-in-law who attended Penn State) - there is a noticeable lack of fraternal love during Big 10 Football season, which is fine by me as long as MSU wins those games.
That being said, Ohio State should count their blessings that they do not have MSU on their schedule this year!
GO GREEN!! GO WHITE!!
I knew this crap would blow up in my face. This is exactly why I stay the hell out of sports - especially collegiate. . . my husband is a diehard fan of the Hawks. He will be very very very angry I posted this, trust me. He'll still love me, but . . .
. . . y'all should know, please, I am very GREEN with sports.
larry,
it sounds like your family has some big 10 confusion, with only one brother having his head screwed on right. and you arent even sure who you are cheering for. . . go green. go white. . .which one?? GO BUCKEYES, that's which one
MSU is lucky to have a team, and they can thank OSU for any wins they get since Dantonio (sarah, that is MSU's head coach) is a product of ohio state and the great jim tressel. one of my favorite quotes from MSU was when they were playing the buckeyes and were keeping it relatively close until they remembered they were spartans. at half time john l. smith was interviewed and he said 'blah, blah, blah, THE COACHES ARE SCREWING IT UP.' too funny. if nothing else, we can join each other in our disdain of michigan.
barb ~ sorry, thanks for the correction. i only know the stadium as it is lovingly called by those who were too afraid (due to distance from home) and too poor (for out of state tuition) to attend the school.
Must say that I actually lived in a house where two of the three sons would root for Indiana University and the third for Michigan...I suspect he did it on purpose. Jimmy is the nonconformist of the family...Oh well, good luck to YOU! Cathy
Regina--Just teasing you, and Sarah. But, honestly, I can't stand it when Buckeyes call it "the shoe." It's slang for the real thing. I prefer the real thing.
i've lived in Ohio my entire life and only got to see Ohio State University and stadium for the first time a few months ago, while visiting a friend in Columbus. it was pretty cool.
i'm not a fan of college anything. but i am truly amazed at the amount of Buckeye fans all over the country. they are hardcore.
Regina - oh yeah???? Well, we have the best mascot in all of college sports, so there!! :-)
Sparty rocks!
I remember that quote - it was the beginning of the end for John L. Thank the living God!
And yes - our disdain for U of M can be our bond. Until college hoops start!
As for the brother who has his head screwed on right - it is now, since he graduated. But for those 4 years, we were really wondering....
Post a Comment