Come Have a Cuppa!

Come Have a Cuppa!

NEED A WEAPON?

Pray the Rosary (daily).
Our Lady of Fatima, Ora pro nobis.
One who has hope lives differently. - B16

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What I Was Up To Twenty Minutes Before the Meeting

Sarah (JOT)
c/o Bitching and Stitching Patches
000 Moaning Lane
PURGATORY



10 comments:

Regina said...

Sarah,
You have fulfilled you Purgatorial obligation (unless, of course, you sin between now and death but this deed gives you quite the pass).
Sincerely,
God

Suzanne said...

Good job! Hey, I'm passing on a request for prayers...Rosemary Bogdan has urgent prayer request for her brother on her blog...my husband's brother had to have emergency triple by-pass today...10 hr. surgery and a young teen girl who has leukemia is having an infection right now and had been doing well..please offer some prayers and ask your kids to in your homeschool day tomorrow, esp. for the young teen!
Thank you!
Suz

CJ Sweet said...

Great job! Look how straight they are! Hey, thanks for visiting my blog. I have just been awful about posting lately. I'm glad you enjoyed that comedian. Oh man, he is so right. I think my favorite part was about the people who complain about their cell phones - "Just give it a second! It's going to space. Give it a second to get back from space!!' LOL!!

ukok said...

Hilarious!

The badges look cool tho!

Sarah - Kala said...

This photo is not mine. I grabbed it from the net as an example of what I'd been doing. Still. It's all a pain in the rump! I mean, thumbs. OUCH! I can't tell you how many times I've pricked my fingers. OUCHY

Sarah - Kala said...

Oh, and mine are pretty straight. WHen I finish, I'll post a pic of the real mccoy!

Jamie Jo said...

First, good job!!!

Good job to your son too, for sticking with it!

Is this going to be me in a few years? (My son is a bear cub this year)

Sarah - Kala said...

Jamie - my advice to all scouting parents is this: make it FUN and while they have any enthusiasm at all, push them like hell to complete stuff. It goes w/out saying to have them in a good pack with excellent leaders! Also, your enthusiasm for the program and praising them through achievements takes them a long way. When Boy Scouts, it's primarily done by them - but while they are in middle school and a bit less rebellious - before that can kick in - encourage them to make a time line for getting their Eagle by 8th grade. It is do-able, as I've seen it. They will be BUSY BEES but they'll have earned it before they become high schoolers. High school is hard enough w/out all the extra work with merit badges - high school is distracting in many ways (plus the hormones and such).

Enthusiasm, support, good leadership, motivation and a plan.

MightyMom said...

DARLING!! teach the boy how to sew! starting with his OWN DAMN PATCHES!!

Renee said...

I will remember you when I sew on the seven Girl Guide badges that just arrived in the mail for our daughter from her previous unit. snicker... Congrats to your son!